Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Difficulty Of Test Based On Our Choice?

• Difficulty Of Test Based On Our Choice?

Posted by Saad Aamir on October 18, 2022 at 3:54 am

When I was young I remember someone presenting this idea to me but I don’t remember which scholar said it but the idea was this:

Based on the hadith where people will see those who suffered being rewarded, they would wish that their own skins would be cut into pieces so they could receive rewards of such great magnitude.

It seems a bit unfair that Allah did not test some people as greatly as others so they could receive great rewards but based on qiyas from the above hadith perhaps because we asked Allah to give us an easy test because we were content with lower rank of Jannah and some of us asked for an extreme test because we wanted a higher rank of Jannah?

There is no evidence for this but the argument makes sense intellectually that why some of us were never born among a Rasuul, why the intensity of test differs for people, because Allah, out of generosity, did ask us how difficult we wanted our test to be?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Difficulty Of Test Based On Our Choice?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 18, 2022 at 4:16 am

Yes, it is a Qiyas, it might be or might not be. It might be according to the knowledge of God about us and His wisdom, keeping in view the grand scheme that He chose different tests for different people. We can’t encompass His knowledge. So apparent injustice is nothing but due to our limited knowledge and limited angle with which we see the things.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register