Forums Forums General Discussions Mu’Tazila Criterion Of Hadith

• Mu’Tazila Criterion Of Hadith

Abdur Rahman updated 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 24, 2022 at 8:41 am

What is the objection particularly

• Abdur Rahman

Member October 24, 2022 at 9:22 am

I am not aware of the specifics of these objections but usually these are same objections raised by traditional ulema such as:

1. It leads to hadith rejection based on aql/rationalism

2. Quran tafsir based on aql/rationalism

3. Generally speaking that the mutazila were deviated sect and we should stay from their ideologies and methods as it will eventually lead one to become ahl quran etc.

• Abdur Rahman

Member October 24, 2022 at 9:39 am

What I observed that traditional ulema are afraid that people will become more scientific and rationalistic if they follow mu’tazilite methodologies and will soon become like Sir Syed rejecting ilm ghayb then finally standing at the gates of atheism.

• Abdur Rahman

Member October 24, 2022 at 9:48 am
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 24, 2022 at 12:38 pm

Can we understand anything without intellect / aql? I don’t think that there is any valid criticism in using intellect.

Rationalism is a completely different philosophical viewpoint where rationality is considered to be a primary source of knowledge.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 25, 2022 at 2:04 am

listen and read with an honest and open mind and decide for yourself regardless of what is said and who says.

• Abdur Rahman

Member October 25, 2022 at 7:24 am

@Irfan76 bhai …Any videos that you can recommend apart from the one in my original post.

@faisalharoon bhai, agreed…thanks for clarifying. I was thinking the concept of aql was synonymous to rationalism.

• Abdur Rahman

Member October 25, 2022 at 7:33 am

@Irfan76 particularly i am looking for a discussion about mutazila history or their scholars

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 25, 2022 at 10:41 pm

Not in my Knowledge

• Abdur Rahman

Member October 28, 2022 at 7:54 pm

No problem, I have found another video on google.

Anyways…thanks.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register