Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Drawing Human Bodies

Tagged: , ,

• Drawing Human Bodies

Posted by Taimur Mughal on October 24, 2022 at 9:47 am

My question is Ghamdi Sahib explained very well in his lectures that drawing in itself is not haram but what you do with it ! My question is in order foe me to get better at drawing human anatomy etc I need to draw a human body naked on paper and if I have to master this I need know also how a female body should be drawn. In order to know how to draw it.

Question is , is it halal to drawthen a human body naked ? In order to master the drawing skills to draw humans and other fantasy creatures. Obviosuly I think drawing and promoting naked body’s of females and men would not be allowed! I presume that. But what about learning them to understand how the human body is designed! Are we allowed to draw then?

Kindly someone clarify it

Thank you.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Drawing Human Bodies

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 25, 2022 at 2:15 am

Purpose and intention make the difference. To show private body parts to doctor is for treatment is allowed because the purpose and intention are different. So it is the person to decide his act is lewdness or a professional requirment, etc., according to his or her consscience and standard norms.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register