Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Is It Shirk If People Attribute Their Success To Their Hardwork Only

Tagged: ,

• Is It Shirk If People Attribute Their Success To Their Hardwork Only

Posted by Yusuf on October 24, 2022 at 12:02 pm

let suppose someone is very successful,famous ,Rich…and he consider his success is because of his hardwork…and because of his hard work and efforts god has given him success..is this shirk ravaiya…or person should think success is just part of test..God has given me Success just to test me… How should a successful person attitude towards his success..can he think his success is because of his hard work or he should believe his success is because Allah has given him success…nothing else… As I have read mizan and understood thinking success because you are intelligent or any other abilities or knowledge you have is considered shirk ravaiya…what about hard work..considering success because of hard work is also considered shirk ravaiya…please explain shirk ravaiya(polythestic attitude) in detail…also tell what should right attitude of person when he has everything(success, money, fame etc)

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Is It Shirk If People Attribute Their Success To Their Hardwork Only

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 25, 2022 at 2:12 am

Success through hardwork depends on God’s permission and order. Permission means He let your hardwork prosper and did not interrupt the process running uner the normal system of cause and effect. and order means he interfarers to make circumstances favourable which would not be otherwise. In both cases, thank is due to Him. our abilities too are given to us by God which makes us sccussful. This again urges us to thank God.

When one rules out God’s involvment in anything and gives all credit to himself: one’s intellect or hardwork, this attitude belongs to shirk.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register