Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Women Wearing Perfume / Fragrance In The Context Of Parda

Tagged: , ,

• Women Wearing Perfume / Fragrance In The Context Of Parda

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on October 24, 2022 at 11:55 pm

Assalamualaikum,

Hello there! I went through Ghamidi sahab’s videos on hijab and his arguments made sense to me, however there is a question that was made by Muhammad Ali Mirza in his videos while addressing the issue of hijab.

Abu Musa reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Every eye can commit adultery. The woman who adorns herself with fragrances and passes by an assembly of men is as such,” meaning an adulteress.

Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2786

Grade: Hasan (fair) according to Al-Albani

He rose this question that if a women is not allowed to wear perfume Infront of unrelated men and such harsh words were used then how is it possible that the face of her would be left? If the cause for that Hadith is that it causes temptation to a na mahrem then what causes greater temptation and attraction? A mere fragrance or an uncovered face of a woman? Can you address this question and also explain what is the explanation of this ahadith? In the website of Islamqa it was said that even if the women does not intend to attract male audience but is quite sure that it might attract them even though her intention is not to, that still would be Haram. So can you explain me in detail the meaning and context of this Hadith and the question raised by Mirza Sahab?

Ps. I went through video of Ghamidi Sahab from 23 ahadith, but he did not address this ahadith but a similar ahadith which was about women to not wear perfume while coming to masjid (this made sense that it might cause disturbing in prayer) but this Hadith and question raised by Mirza Sahab redirects mind to a concept and a Mizaaj of Islam regarding hijab.

Faisal Haroon replied 1 year, 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register