Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Protests As Fasad Fil Ardh

Tagged: , ,

• Protests As Fasad Fil Ardh

Posted by Muhammad Wasif on October 27, 2022 at 5:56 pm

I wanted to ask whether the protests like Long March are to be labelled as fisad fil ardh?

Or if not how does Islam see these protests.

Asking because I heard Ghamidi sb in an interview with Waseem Badami that these sort of things are fisad fil ardh. It was a short clip so I don’t know whether I perceived it right or not.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 6 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Protests As Fasad Fil Ardh

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 28, 2022 at 12:57 am

Fasad here means chaos or disruption. To protest against a Zulm is desirable and noble activity. But if it is done with no regard to life, honour and property of peoople, evoke people to violate law and order, block the ways, then it is no doubt Fasad fi al Ard.

• Muhammad Wasif

Member October 28, 2022 at 2:35 am

If the basic intention of protest/ long march is not to hurt anyone’s life, property and honor. But a small group of protestants do it out of their own will. Will it be considered fasad fil ardh initiated

And the leader will be blamed for initiating this fasad fil ardh?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 29, 2022 at 1:12 am

If the leader knows this would happen by some of his followers, and he did not forewarn them in an adequate way; or show tacit approval for their mischief or misbehavior, he is blameworthy. However, if he takes all precautions into consideration for a peaceful protest, and something unexpected happens, only then he will not be blameworthy.

Economic activities do suffer anyway compels us to consider such acts of protest with great caution and a sense of accountability in the hereafter.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register