Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Film Industry And Making Of Romantic Movies

Tagged: , ,

• Film Industry And Making Of Romantic Movies

Posted by Taimur Mughal on October 29, 2022 at 3:59 pm

I still don’t understand how Ghamdi sahib said that theatre is halal as long as the requirements of halal are met.

My question is ; then would there be movies made then like romance movies etc like in Hollywood and bollywood without the naked scenes ofcourse!!!

How can a mahrem man with a non mahram woman act together in a romance movie according to Islam? As far as I understand this genre would be haram as it requires scenes of showing love and desire like in bollywood movies we all know. Do theatre is halal but not all genres are halal then?

Can someone explain me how can women and men act together in movies and scenes where they will show romance and togetherness or lovestory for example? How can this be halal??

Because 90 % of bollywood movies for example are about that and 100% of pakistani drama’s are about shading and love etc.

Kindly explain please because so far the explanation has been very vague !

Thank you.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 6 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Film Industry And Making Of Romantic Movies

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 1 year, 6 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 31, 2022 at 4:26 am

We can tell only principle. The matter of “How” is to be decided by the conscious mind: filmmakers and actors according to their sense of morality.

Principles are not vague. Applications are complicated and have to be examined case to case. The best judge is the person him or herself.

• Taimur Mughal

Member October 31, 2022 at 11:27 am

So you are telling me that yes it’s alright as long as its not against your concious thinking? So romance movies are halal to make in islam?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 31, 2022 at 10:35 pm

Need to define romance. Anything which is not ethical is not allowed. if it is possible to make such movies with ethical limits, one can make them, otherwise not.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register