Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Doing Secret Marriage In A Country Where Multiple Marriages Are Illegal

• Doing Secret Marriage In A Country Where Multiple Marriages Are Illegal

Posted by Taimur Mughal on October 30, 2022 at 11:55 am

In europe it is forbidden from the state to have multiple wife’s.

What can a person do if he wants 4 wives or already has them! 1 legally ofcourse in the papers of the government and other 3 not mentioned to the government but are then considered as alone standing mothers according to the papers ! Is it haram to do that ? We know God allowed us 4 wives. But what of government doesn’t allow and u already have 4?

Kindly explain someone

Thank you.

Umer replied 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Doing Secret Marriage In A Country Where Multiple Marriages Are Illegal

Umer updated 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 13 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 30, 2022 at 2:20 pm

A Muslim is required to obey the law of the land. If such a person already lives where there are laws against multiple marriages then he should abide by that law. If he is already married to multiple wives then he will not be allowed to legally migrate to such a country.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 30, 2022 at 2:22 pm

Also please be clear that God did not allow four wives.

https://youtu.be/3EdG6UPyqhA

• Taimur Mughal

Member October 30, 2022 at 2:27 pm

God allowed it 4 wives ! Obviosuly it has its rules !

• Umer

Moderator November 1, 2022 at 1:11 am

This sort of casual but derogatory replies are unacceptable in this forum. Faisal Sahab was kind enough to not warn you in his capacity as a moderator. Please be careful with your words next time, as continued violations will lead to suspension of your account. Disagreeing with others in a respectful manner is not a very difficult task.

Your Reply has been edited.

• Taimur Mughal

Member November 1, 2022 at 1:27 am

Brother that was another person named Taimur Chaudry , it was not me.

And be kind to your Muslim brothers man , we are here to seek knowledge, not spreading corruption . Please fear God.

• Umer

Moderator November 1, 2022 at 1:32 am

Yes, the names got mixed up but this was a violation nevertheless.

Please be careful with your words next time. You are more than welcome to ask any question and counter questions. But all of this needs to be done in a respectful manner.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 30, 2022 at 3:00 pm

Sir you might understand the Quran much better that I do, but I have no intentions to play with the words of God. This would be the most evil crime one could commit.

I suggest that you watch the following video from 11:43 to 17:12 for Ghamidi sahab’s explanation. You can also refer to Al-Bayan for a more detailed explanation:

• Taimur Mughal

Member October 30, 2022 at 4:36 pm

I did not meant to be rude brother I do understand what Ghamdi sahib is saying , he is right BUT he is explaining it in situational contexts I also understand that but still the rule is there by God, a man is allowed 4 wife’s! There is no pabandi and the situation is still today present many women don’t have a man, some can’t even get married of age etc… so Ghamdi sahib is saying the same ! He just explains it deeply that’s all!

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 30, 2022 at 5:17 pm

Ghamidi sahab has explained that there in no divine rule allowing four wives.

He is also not explaining a situation where women can’t find husbands. He is explaining a dire need where it was a matter of survival for many women and children in a society. Even in such a situation multiple marriages was allowed at a condition of being able to do justice.

Please watch this video and the ones posted below. Additionally I suggest that you read up on the first few verses of Quran chapter 4 along with Ghamidi sahab’s explanation in Al-Bayan. Hopefully they will clarify your misconception.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 30, 2022 at 3:02 pm

Please also watch the following video below from 41:10 to 47:53:

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 30, 2022 at 3:02 pm

You can also watch:

• Umer

Moderator October 31, 2022 at 10:51 pm

For comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the video below from 1:08:20 to 1:09:18

https://youtu.be/qvEHIHpS71E?t=4100

• Umer

Moderator November 16, 2022 at 1:23 am

Please also refer to the video below from 22:58 to 27:04

https://youtu.be/GRlx_z9mJhY?t=1378

The discussion "Doing Secret Marriage In A Country Where Multiple Marriages Are Illegal" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now