Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Adopting Child Of One's Brother And Changing Father's Name On Birth Certificate

Tagged: 

• Adopting Child Of One's Brother And Changing Father's Name On Birth Certificate

Posted by Naveed Aslam on October 30, 2022 at 2:33 pm

Assalam o alaikum,

It’s Naveed from Spain .Sir I am living in Spain with my wife and we have no kids and we want to adopt a child of my brother from Pakistan but the problem is the complications of the process and rules .Moreover the cost is around 15000€ which is impossible for me .

My question is that any possibility to amend the father’s name on birth certificate in order to apply for visa of the child ?

To apply visa of my nephew I have to put my name on birth certificate as a father .

Please guide .

JazakAllah

Umer replied 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Adopting Child Of One's Brother And Changing Father's Name On Birth Certificate

Umer updated 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 31, 2022 at 12:38 am

What is the age of the child?

Is the child’s consent taken? The child’s consent is considerable only when he or she is Aqil and Baligh.

Are the parents of the child unable to provide for the child and for that reason they are handing the child over to you?

Otherwise, it is a sheer breach of parenthood, unethical, and exploitation of a child’s fundamental right of being raised by his own parents who are responsible to bring him into this world.

Having said that, putting your name as the father of the child is a lie. and this lie is for a thing that is not necessary or compelling, rather unethical in itself. so there is no way to justify it.

• Umer

Moderator October 31, 2022 at 11:14 pm

Please see for details on the matter of Adoption as pointed out by Dr irfan Sahab above:

Discussion 75194

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register