Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Relationship Between Showing Off (Rayakari) And Polytheism In Hadith

• Relationship Between Showing Off (Rayakari) And Polytheism In Hadith

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on November 3, 2022 at 9:28 am

Assalamualaikum,

Hello there, there is a Hadith that is mentioned

Allah Almighty said: Verily, I have no need of any partners. Whoever performs a deed in which he associates another besides Me, I will abandon him and his partner.

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2985,

Hadith on Shirk: Allah will abandon idolaters to their idols

My question is that what is the explanation of this Hadith? Does it mean those people who do any act with intention of pleasing Allah and someone else for example, A person goes into gym with 2 intentions, one is to take care of the body that Allah has given him and as thanking Allah for his blessing so to please Allah and also because he wants to give company to his friend at the gym and so to please him as well. (note that both intentions are permissible done separately)

Or

It means those who do Shirk, like in rayakari or like setting up partners with Allah in those acts which are done solely for Allah, which are acts of worship, like someone praying namaz, or fasting etc for Allah and for someone else? They will have no share from Allah

Umer replied 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Relationship Between Showing Off (Rayakari) And Polytheism In Hadith

Umer updated 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Umer

Moderator November 3, 2022 at 8:53 pm

This Hadith refers to Rayakari (Showing-off). If endeavours which should be done merely for God are done for others, then this would mean that they have taken the place of God. This is one of the polytheistic attitudes which are not polytheism itself but have a reflection of Polytheism in them or may lead to Polytheism.

Please refer to the following response:

Discussion 75878 • Reply 75951

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register