Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Filmmaking In Islam

Tagged: , , ,

• Filmmaking In Islam

Posted by Deleted User 6354 on November 4, 2022 at 4:27 am

I am an aspiring filmmaker and I have a question

1- I would like to make short films and since musical instruments are haram in islam, I dont want to use songs in my videos.

Is it okay to use instrumental music ? It’s required to initiate/put emphasis on a scene (for example suspense scenes). Also instrumental music can help retain audience attention and make the scene more engaging and thought provoking.

Using instrumental music along with sound effects (glass breaking, wind sound, waves crashing and etc), is it haram ?

Jazak Allah

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 5 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Filmmaking In Islam

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 1 year, 5 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator November 4, 2022 at 11:20 am

Music is not inherently haram. For details please see:

Discussion 1150

Discussion 39704

• Deleted User 6354

Member November 4, 2022 at 5:54 pm

Jazak Allah

Another question is that if there are females in my films (not covering their head), is it a sin for me ? Even though I didn’t say so and they are doing it of their own free will (not covering their head with scarf)

Will I be punished in my grave if people watch my films after I die because of this?

• Ahsan

Moderator November 5, 2022 at 9:55 am

@Irfan76 sb can give better response to that

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 6, 2022 at 10:17 pm

Quran asks to dress in a decent way to cover Satr: The private body parts. Head is not supposed to be a private body part. So Islam does not ask to cover it. This is the culture that tells what is considered decent in dressing.

The interaction of men and women, dressing, and the content of the movie, etc are matters of morality and ethics. Our sense f morality and ethics helps us decide in such matters.

• Deleted User 6354

Member November 7, 2022 at 2:18 am

But when we talk about Hijab, isnt it mandatory for women ?

Also to summarise, so if women do not cover their head (out of their free will and not commanded by me to do so) and they work in films, its not a sin for me ?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 7, 2022 at 2:25 am

Hijab is not any injunction in Islam. There are only manners to dress up for women when they have adorned themselves with make up and jewellery etc. This extra beautification is asked to cover in front of men. If no extra beautification is done, they are asked only to dress decently, the same is for men see verse 24: 30-31. The Hijab injunction was only for the wives of the prophet in face of some special conditions mentioned in Sura 33. and its verse 32-33 and 59. The verse 50 tells an administrative measure to snub the mischief makers and to cut their excuse to punish them later. This too is not a general injunction.

For detail discussion on Hijab kindly find the relevant discussions on this forum.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 7, 2022 at 2:41 am

correction

The verse 59 (not 50) tells an…..

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register