Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is Giving Riba A Sin?

• Is Giving Riba A Sin?

Posted by Mohammad Arif Chishti on November 6, 2022 at 5:45 am

Thank you for your informative talk, which is as always clear and easy to understand.

Receivers of Riba – they are categorically mentioned in the Quran and are disliked, while Givers of Riba are not mentioned. Hence, giving Riba is not a sin.

My question: Givers can only give if there is a reciever in the first place. In other words, givers will give birth to more and more recievers. So, does it not mean that Giving Riba is a bigger sin because it gives birth to sinners (receivers)?

Thank you for answering. Pardon my ignorance if I have misunderstood, I am not a scholar, and only want to educate myself.

Jazak Allah!

Arif Chishti

Faisal Haroon replied 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Is Giving Riba A Sin?

Faisal Haroon updated 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 6, 2022 at 9:31 am

Ghamidi sahab has explained his reasoning in this regard at length in the following series of 4 videos:

Discussion 30863

• Mohammad Arif Chishti

Member November 6, 2022 at 9:57 am

Dear Faisal,

Thanks, but I have gone through all those discussions of Ghamdi sb, but my question is very specific and has not been answered anywhere. I will appreciate if my question is read by Ghamdi sb.

Kind regards,

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 6, 2022 at 10:02 am

Sir your question has been specifically addressed in those videos. We have also clearly listed each question in the link that I shared above.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register