Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Renting A Goat For Mating Purposes

Tagged: 

• Renting A Goat For Mating Purposes

Posted by Hassan Ali on November 7, 2022 at 7:06 am

I am a little farm owner.i have a breeder male goat which we used for mating out goats and as well as other people’s goats and charged them 2k because the expense of feed and other thing are pretty much high my question is Is it permissible to take money for mating from a goat?

I have seen hadith of tiramzi in which it is not permissible but if i don’t charged them then it is more expensive to have breeder

Guide me about it

Hassan Ali replied 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Renting A Goat For Mating Purposes

Hassan Ali updated 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator November 7, 2022 at 12:26 pm

provide complete reference or hadith

• Hassan Ali

Member November 7, 2022 at 1:18 pm

سنن الترمذي ت شاكر (3/ 564 و 565)

• Ahsan

Moderator November 7, 2022 at 2:10 pm

Can you give link to haith coz i couldn’t find the reference. it will b great if u can find here https://sunnah.com

• Hassan Ali

Member November 7, 2022 at 2:18 pm

Hadees no 1273

I found fatwa of some scholar in which this hadees is mentioned.

• Ahsan

Moderator November 7, 2022 at 2:56 pm

In this hadith https://sunnah.com/tirmidhi:1273 and https://sunnah.com/tirmidhi:1274,
    first of all, it mention about horse. secondly, if you read complete hadith in both of them, it has been allowed for the purpose you mentioned.
    According to Farahi school, Hadith should be understood in proper ay. Chk this thread for the principles of understanding hadith. Discussion 56230

According to my understating, it is prohibited in hadith to avoid impurity. but I ill request @Irfan76 sb can give his scholarly opinion.

• Hassan Ali

Member November 7, 2022 at 8:44 pm

Is it allowed or not can u brief?

• Ahsan

Moderator November 8, 2022 at 6:53 am

I think its ok but to be sure let wait for Irfan sb reply

• Hassan Ali

Member November 8, 2022 at 8:58 am

Ok then we will wait

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 9, 2022 at 5:41 am

Every prohibition has a reason for prohibition and that is something immoral or unethical. In Ahadith, the narrators most of the time do not mention the reason or context and tell only the incident. The reason behind this prohibition seems to be uncertainty whether it will give pregnancy or not. This might have caused a conflict.

But if both parties are agreed, then there is no problem for charging a fee for the service provided.

Moreover, special breeds are reared to get better offspring, and it costs, so there is nothing unethical in it. You can charge for the mating of your male goat.

There are other certain things that were prohibited in the time of the prophet for reasons which no longer exist now, and that is why they are allowed.

• Hassan Ali

Member November 10, 2022 at 4:49 am

Thank you sir well briefed

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register