Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Resemblance With Jews And Christians

• Resemblance With Jews And Christians

Posted by Daniyaa Khan on November 14, 2022 at 2:16 pm

Assalam-o-Alaikum

Can you please tell me are these hadiths authentic and help me to understand the meaning and context of these hadiths

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “You will certainly follow the ways of those who came before you hand span by hand span, cubit by cubit, to the extent that if they entered the hole of a lizard, you will enter it too.” We said: “O Messenger of Allaah, (do you mean) the Jews and the Christians?” He said: “Who else?” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1397; Muslim, 4822.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 3512; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel, 2691.

Umer replied 1 year, 5 months ago 3 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Resemblance With Jews And Christians

Umer updated 1 year, 5 months ago 3 Members · 11 Replies
  • Daniyaa Khan

Member November 14, 2022 at 2:36 pm

because if this is how it works then how can we justify these things

clothing style like western

event celebration like birthdays valentine etc

portraying character of christian etc

Media content resemblance like others

speaking their language

dressing like them do some actions like them some of them are wrong which are also wrong according to islam but still they also do that stuff are we resembling on everything with them according to that Hadith.

Is this even authentic or not? if so then please help me to understand in which context prophet Muhammad S.A.W said that and what’s the meaning/point

JAZAK ALLAH

• Daniyaa Khan

Member November 14, 2022 at 2:53 pm

Also in the answer of a question a scholar said you can’t have non-alcoholic beer because it’s look like beer and he quoted these hadiths you resemble with non muslims instead other some scholars say you can have any drink beer wine etc as long as it doesn’t have alcohol/intoxicants in it.

How does it make sense

How does this hadith make sense.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 14, 2022 at 6:52 pm
  • Daniyaa Khan

Member November 14, 2022 at 7:05 pm

Helpful

And what i understand is this hadith is for those people for that time of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W

Generally we should not adopt or resemble with anything which is immoral or unethical either adopted from Muslim or non-muslim.

People will be standup and be punished with them is specifically for those people for that specific time which mentioned in hadith.

Generally we shouldn’t do anything unethical or immoral because we will be asked on judgement day

This is what i get am i right?

• Umer

Moderator November 15, 2022 at 11:32 pm

That is correct.

• Daniyaa Khan

Member November 14, 2022 at 7:08 pm

Can you please also tell me about this hadith what is this about?

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “You will certainly follow the ways of those who came before you hand span by hand span, cubit by cubit, to the extent that if they entered the hole of a lizard, you will enter it too.” We said: “O Messenger of Allaah, (do you mean) the Jews and the Christians?” He said: “Who else?” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1397; Muslim, 4822.

• Umer

Moderator November 15, 2022 at 1:22 am

Please refer to the following Hadith Project to understand this specific Hadith in detail:

اگلوں کی پیروی

• Daniyaa Khan

Member November 15, 2022 at 4:58 am

Is my understanding regarding above mentioned 2nd hadith is correct. am i get it right what Hassan Ilyas sir explained?

• Daniyaa Khan

Member November 15, 2022 at 5:04 am

What hadith explanation you shared above is talking about the acts they adopts for their benefits and personal desires right?

it doesn’t seem like We as an Ummah doing just like them. Will we or have we changed the explanation of Quran and we are not indulge in sins and crime like them are we?

what we will or have done to be just like them???

• Daniyaa Khan

Member November 15, 2022 at 12:19 pm

Is that meaning like we muslims now excluding parda of women or less strictness regarding loan interest etc

if not then what are the things that we are changing in islam for our Desire so we can say we are doing same like Christians and jews.

• Umer

Moderator November 15, 2022 at 11:32 pm

It was a way of warning Muslims to be careful about these mistakes, this does not mean that all Muslims would necessarily indulge in such activities. Some of the similarities adopted in later times which can still be seen today are mingling of Tasawwuf with Islam, Polytheistic beliefs and Polytheistic attitudes involving shrines and tombs, certain innovations in religion being practiced despite them known to be innovations, sectarian jurisprudence is given priority over Quran and Sunnah at times under sectarian bias etc.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register