Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Tayammum Alternative

• Tayammum Alternative

Posted by Taimur Mughal on November 19, 2022 at 8:05 am

Question is as we know we have to do qudhu before every prayer if you don’t have one at least.

We use water. Bit using all the 5 times water sometimes tires you off and starts to make skin dry and causes sometimes dryness and pain. Sometimes water from the tap is not very healthy because of our modern lifestyle fabrics. My question is of someone has water available but because of these reasons and sometimes he just doesn’t have the power anymore to do wudhu all the time , it can be too much sometimes before every 5 times of prayer, can he just do tayammum? Like he brings some clean sand at home or earth and sometimes skips wudhu and just do taymum upon that sand or earth? Because that would spare some difficulty and make salah easier to perform then always going to bathroom and I kid you not , it can be overwhelming after a while.

In these situations when you really don’t want to do wudhu anymore , can we just use clean earth or sand?

Kindly explain me this, thank you.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Tayammum Alternative

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 21, 2022 at 12:27 am

Tayammum is allowed for special circumstances when the the situation is usually hard. If you think the problems you mentioned are unusually hard, you can do tayammum. But if these are usually hard, are these hard for others too ? If not then, one has to be as normal as others.

If you do wudu once it can last for two or three prayers and you need not to do wudu for five times.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register