Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Surah Taha & Surah Ash Shuara

• Surah Taha & Surah Ash Shuara

Posted by Taimur Mughal on November 19, 2022 at 3:44 pm

In Surah Taha we read that Prophet Mozes asks God to remove the impediment or knot from his tongue in verse 27. Further in verse 36 God says that all Mozes wished for has been granted.

Now if we look at Surah Ash shuara verse 13 Mozes says and my heart will be broken & my tongue will be tied. So send Aaron along as messenger.

So In surah Shuarah it seems Mozes is asking for his brother Aaron to go along with him to Pharao because his tongue will be tied because he has some sort of trouble speaking. But in Surah Taha God said he has accepted Mozez dua of freeing him from this tongue problem.

Is this not contradicting to each other?

Because Id God accepted dua then Mozes should be free from his to give problem and should have not asked Aaron to come along??

I’m sure I am not understanding something here.

Kindly if someone can pinpoint to me how to understand this.

JazakAllah Khair.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Surah Taha & Surah Ash Shuara

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 21, 2022 at 12:16 am

At different places the same incidents is depicted with different aspects and with lesser and greater details. Moses felt over burdened and felt that he is not eloquent enough to covey God message effectively as it deserved to be conveyed. This was not about some problem in his tongue, as some unauthentic stories mention.

All these episodes of the same incidents are complementing each other.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register