Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Pirated Books For Medical Studies Bought By Someone Else

Tagged: , ,

• Pirated Books For Medical Studies Bought By Someone Else

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on November 21, 2022 at 7:41 am

Hello there!

My question is that, i know that buying pirated Books is a bad. But the situation is that i recently asked my father to get me some medical books and he brought some books that are not original. And the original book set is very expensive. So i know buying it is Haram, but the thing is that my father has brought those books, now they are at home. So would i be sinful if i benefit from them by reading them? Or it would be still the same Haram for me because i do not have permission because it’s pirated.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Pirated Books For Medical Studies Bought By Someone Else

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 22, 2022 at 12:43 am

This is an act done by someone else. That is not your responsibility. You can read them.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member January 7, 2023 at 1:23 pm

@Irfan76 sir but wouldn’t the author disallow such act? i mean wouldn’t he object on someone gaining the knowledge through his literature or his written book for which he is not paid?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 8, 2023 at 10:34 pm

Of course he can. Such a practice is condemnable.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member January 9, 2023 at 1:30 am

@Irfan76 sir so even if someone buys a pirated book for someone else, wouldn’t it be impermissible that the the person who now has the book, reads and takes benefit from it? because the author may not like that even if someone bought it for him, the author does not get money for the benefit taken from his book, so wouldn’t it be impermissible for the one who reads it, even though neither he was involved in piracy nor in buying pirated book

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 9, 2023 at 2:13 am

yes, it is not good, and one should avoid it.

The discussion "Pirated Books For Medical Studies Bought By Someone Else" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now