Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Confusion About Sincerity Of Intention

• Confusion About Sincerity Of Intention

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on November 26, 2022 at 12:40 am

Hello there!

My question today night be little bit confusing but i would try to explain it. I may be little bit confused with the concept of the sincerity of intention I’ll put it this way inshallah

I heard in a video from a shaikh where he said that it would be shirk if someone takes payment for the acts of worship he himself does, like if someone prays on his own but to earn a gift or money, for example someone says to him I’ll give you this much money if you pray namaz, and then he prays namaz then it would be shirk. And i also heard that it doesn’t matter if your intention at the time of worship, before it, or after it, gets corrupted it all is shirk etc. Like if a person starts his worship before with intention to recieve money then it’s shirk, and even if after his worship of he demands or takes money for his worship later then it’s also shirk (before it was not his intention but later he takes money for it). So even if the intention is before or after for getting a benefit or something through worship, it becomes shirk.

So i was confused that if a person does any sort of thing from his worship other than to please Allah it would become shirk? In an example, if a person prays namaz with the intention that he would later generally mention it to his friends (not because he wants to project himself pious or recieve money, but just a general mention like “that day i prayed asr”), so according to my understanding it would be shirk because he did prayed namaz for mentioning it to anyone else (together with or totally without intention to please Allah through namaz). So in the same token, in another scenario, even if at first he does not makes this intention but later he mentions it generally to a friend, then i guess it would be shirk?

Because with analogy above, it is shirk if they pray in order to take money (intention made before) and it is also shirk if they pray but some time later take money (intention made later). So similarly, it is shirk if they pray with intention to mention it to someone (intention made before) and then it is also shirk if they mention this deed generally later to someone else (intention made later)?

Is this analogy correct? If it’s correct then it would be Shirk to mention your acts of worship?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register