Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Explanation Of Meaning Of A Lesson

• Explanation Of Meaning Of A Lesson

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on November 26, 2022 at 8:31 am

Hello there,

My question is that in a video of Ghamidi Sahab, about lecture of Meezan – Morality

https://youtu.be/PJf1jBeWT5A

Here from 38:20 to 39:00, ghamidi sahab while talking about Riya says:

” Toh Agar koi Cheez, khas Tor par woh jiska taaluq deen se hai. Kyun ke Deen toh sar ta sar Allah ke Liye hoga, Ibaadaat toh sar ta sar Allah ke liye hongi…

Baki maamlat mein toh insanon ki rihayat hoti hai. Lekin koi kam Jo sirf Allah ke liye hona chahiye, jisme kisi doosrey ko shamil nahi kiya jaana chahiye, agar woh bhi logon ke liye kiye jayen, Namaz logon ke liyen parhi jaye, ‘Deen ke waaz aur guftaguyen’ logon ki rihayat se honey lagen…. Toh woh cheezen issi zail me aati”

1)

A – So i wanted to know what did Ghamidi Sahab mean when he said “Deen toh sar ta sar Allah ke liye hai” does it mean everything that is related to religion can only be done for Allah only? A tutor of Quran teaching Quran (which is related to Deen as being deeni kitab), and taking payment for it, would fall in it?

B – Or did he mean that carrying out those duties of Deen that we do as obedience and worship to Allah, these are what are to be done for Allah only? Like Namaz, zakat, sadaqat, Hajj etc.

2)

A – When he said “Deen ke waaz aur guftaguyen, kisi aur ki rihayat se ki jayen”. Did he mean to say that talks or sessions that someone does projecting it to be for Allah as a worship but in reality it is for something else, like for example if a person delivers a lesson about Islam so that people would think he is doing it as an ibadah for Allah, for Allah’s pleasure. So in this way the act of telling someone Islam, when done in order to please Allah; becomes a worship, he does THIS worship in order so that people would think him to be pious man who is doing it as an ibadah. Or in another example if a person says to someone, “i will give you money if you deliver a lecture IN ORDER to please Allah, as an ibadah”. So he is to get the money when he does this act as a worship to Allah. Hence he does worship of Allah, but not actually for Allah, for Money.

B – Or did Ghamidi Sahab meant that any talk done telling about religion, if done for something else would be Shirk? Like if someone delivers a lecture in Islam and takes payment for a session, he does not take payment for doing it as an ibadah, but because he shared knowledge to people generally, and because people benefit from his knowledge. Similar to a math teacher, sharing knowledge about equations, takes a payment. A science teacher shares knowledge about science and takes payment. In the same way if that religious teacher, shares knowledge and takes payment for it (taking payment not for ibadah or for pleasing Allah, but to general sharing of knowledge). So that would become shirk too? If the what he meant was the B explanation then it would be shirk to recieve payment for Quran teaching as well, right?

Ps. I’m sorry for this long paragraphs. I divided my question into understanding 2 excerpts. And each excerpt has 2 probable explainations, about which i was confused, so i mentioned them with A and B

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Explanation Of Meaning Of A Lesson

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 28, 2022 at 2:56 am

Essentially and primarily an act of worship or service of Deen like preaching or teaching is to be done to please God. Receiving payment or remuneration for one’s services is the payment of the benefits others get from them and the payment of time one is bound to do the service for others like leading prayer five times in a mosque. The intention is to please God and payment is a byproduct. If the payment becomes the primary goal, it is Riyakari.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member November 28, 2022 at 3:05 am

@irfan76 okay sir, so the payment a person receives is for the part where others benefit from it and which we do not do as a part of our fulfilment of religious duty but if someone receives payments for his fulfilling his own religious duty appointed by God then it becomes RiyaKari, right sir?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 28, 2022 at 3:15 am

Yes, for our personal duties, we are not supposed to get any benefit or praise from others.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register