Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Meat Of Ahle Kitab Halal?

• Meat Of Ahle Kitab Halal?

Posted by Saba Madani on July 20, 2020 at 2:42 pm

There’s a ayah in the Qur’an that says” و طعام الذين اوتو “الكتاب حل لكم و طعامكم حل لهم almaaidah verse 5

The food of the Jews and Christians is halal for muslims and the food of the muslims is halal for the jews and Christians.

Also there’s a sahih hadeeth that says that Muhammad sallallahu alai hi wa sallam ate from the meat which a jewish lady prepared for him( obviously meat of the ahle Kitab). Discussions on this please

Saba Madani replied 3 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • $ohail T@hir

Moderator July 20, 2020 at 3:26 pm

This might be related.

• Saba Madani

Member July 20, 2020 at 3:49 pm

I have heard the above question and answer session before too. So I know the veiw of janab Ghamidi saheb( I respect him a lot. May Allah grant him a healthy long life) I still would like to know what this ayah means and the hadeeth I mentioned. He didn’t explain it

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator July 20, 2020 at 3:52 pm
  • Farhan Saiyed

Moderator July 21, 2020 at 2:19 am

As per Ghamidi sb, this ayah means that halal things on their table is halal for you. If they have alcohol or pork then it remains Haram, for e.g.

• Saba Madani

Member July 27, 2020 at 4:37 am

If it is halal things on their table, why specifically ahle Kitab? Can’t we eat halal things from any table?

• Saba Madani

Member July 21, 2020 at 4:43 am

JazakaAllahu khair, Be. Farhan Saiyed! What about the hadeeth where Muhammad sallallahu alai hi wa sallam ate from the meat of the jewish woman who poisoned the meat. He accepted her invitation without inquiring if the meat is zabiha or not because she’s from ahle Kitab?

• Farhan Saiyed

Moderator July 27, 2020 at 12:48 am

Ghamidi sahab would argue that it was understood that they took God’s name before slaughtering, even though not mentioned in the hadith.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register