Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam How To Respond To Our Inner Critic?

• How To Respond To Our Inner Critic?

Posted by Abdur Rahman on November 28, 2022 at 10:19 am

As’salamualikum,

There is always a moment or moments in a human being daily life’s that we hear a voice in our head saying – “something is missing here” or “something is not right” or sometimes get a feeling like we are being manipulated.

My question is –

Is there a quranic methodological way to come to the truth of the matter in such situations.

Abdur Rahman replied 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • How To Respond To Our Inner Critic?

Abdur Rahman updated 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 28, 2022 at 12:47 pm

There is no Quranic methodological way of determining such things. If our intuition tells us that something is not right then we have to use our experience as well as reasoning to figure out what.

• Abdur Rahman

Member December 21, 2022 at 11:10 am

Sometimes even with experience and reasoning a person still does not feel that satisfaction that he has achieved the right path.

For example :

How to know if a person deen and dunya is moving in the right direction and on the right path ?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 21, 2022 at 7:26 pm

Knowledge is a journey, not an event. The only way to progress is to to keep learning and keep doing self accountability. The key to learning is that one should refrain from useless questions and debates while focusing on productive matters. There is a lot more knowledge out there than what one can consume in their lifetime. This is why it is imperative that one makes focused efforts in order to optimize the use of their time.

Following is Ghamidi sahab’s suggestion regarding self accountability:

• Abdur Rahman

Member December 21, 2022 at 11:09 pm

Hmm..please define difference between useless and useful knowledge and which sources of useful knowledge one should focus on ?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 21, 2022 at 11:29 pm

It is for you to decide on your own what you find useful knowledge. I can share with you my own thought process if it might be helpful to you.

I consider myself extremely lucky to have a lot of great minds around me that I consider my teachers and mentors. I also know that if I ask them any questions, they will take the time to help me find the answers. However, whenever a question comes to my mind I first ask myself whether or not the answer will help me in any way either at present or in the foreseeable future. Most questions do not meet this criteria so I never ask them. I find contentment in knowing that I can use that time in learning something new and useful, while I save my mentors the time which they can spend in research or other productive activities that will ultimately benefit me and many others.

Additionally, I can share the following advice from Ghamidi sahab regarding asking questions from 1:04 to 10:42:

https://youtu.be/PcA0GPv_AQ8?start=1m4s

• Abdur Rahman

Member January 10, 2023 at 7:23 am

In sha allah, will practice on the thought process shared by you and ghamidi sir advice. Jazakallahu khaira wa ahsanal jaza.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register