Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Refraining From Sin For Fear Of Embarrassment In Front Of People

Tagged: 

• Refraining From Sin For Fear Of Embarrassment In Front Of People

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on December 2, 2022 at 5:18 am

Hello there,

My question is that i have heard that refraining from an act of sin is just a normal deed when someone refrains from it because of an intrinsic harm in it for example, if someone doesn’t drink alcohol because of harmful effects then he neither gets rewards neither is he sinful.

And also someone who refrains from sin because he doesn’t wants to make Allah angry or displeased, then it becomes a worship and a person may be rewarded. And if someone refrains from sin to show off his piety or get money or rewarsd from people for doing an act of worship (refraining from sin because of displeasure of Allah) then it becomes shirk etc

But if someone refrains from sin because of embarrassment that people will get to know that i do acts of disobedience of Allah, will it be shirk etc?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Refraining From Sin For Fear Of Embarrassment In Front Of People

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 5, 2022 at 2:51 am

It is good because this is what God wants in human beings. However, if there is no intention to please God or fear of Him, not even in the subconsciousness, it wil not earn reward from God, nor sin.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register