Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and State Contradiction In The Traditional Narrative Of Global Caliphate And Its Actions

Tagged: ,

• Contradiction In The Traditional Narrative Of Global Caliphate And Its Actions

Posted by Qudratullah Faraz on December 6, 2022 at 12:39 am

As per the version of traditional narrative on Islam and State presented by Ghamidi Sahab in Dallas lectures, establishing a global caliphate is an obligation on Muslims. However it is a historical fact that a believer of the same narrative, the Jamiat e Ulama e Hind, made a common cause with the Congress Party (even beyond the Khilafat Movement) before 1947, and post-1947, the Jamiat has been calling for upholding a secular state in India. This seems to be in open contradiction with the Traditional Narrative. I would be grateful if someone could explain me the religious argumentation they use to support their positions in support of secularism and nationalism, despite believing in the Traditional Narrative.

Qudratullah Faraz replied 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Contradiction In The Traditional Narrative Of Global Caliphate And Its Actions

Qudratullah Faraz updated 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 6, 2022 at 1:55 am

This might be asked from them. However, on their behalf it can be said that their stand with the Congress and secularism is to deal with the situation at hand, and this was the best stratagy they could adopt. However thier ideal is still there, which needs preparations without which it cannot be achieved.

• Qudratullah Faraz

Member December 6, 2022 at 2:19 am

Thanks a lot for your reply Dr. Irfan! I have not been able to go through much of the scholarly work of the Jamiat or the Deobandi ulema in general, but I have tried to trace the reasoning used by Jamaat e Islami Hind. It seems to me that in terms of fiqh, they have used ‘Maslaha’ as a Masdar e Shariah quite extensively in justifying the position they have taken. If my analysis is correct, then it is in coherence with your reply as once circumstances change (become favourable from their perspective), then the Maslaha will also change, leading them back to chasing their ideal. However, being a layman, my analysis may be totally flawed. I will be privileged if you can share your thoughts on this.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 6, 2022 at 2:42 am

Your analysis seems right. The same is mine

• Qudratullah Faraz

Member December 6, 2022 at 2:52 am

Thanks you so much for your response Dr. Irfan!

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register