Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions Bible – Man In The Image Of God

Tagged: ,

• Bible – Man In The Image Of God

Posted by Taimur Mughal on December 8, 2022 at 5:45 pm

In Bible we read that human beings were creates in the image of God. I do understand that modern Bible is corrupted but still contain here and there some valid text.

My question is can we understand this verse as God created humans in a way that shows oneness of God. By creating humans in a way that they understand how God would think & act?

Like for example God would have thoights and feelings too & observes them as we do as humans. Basically He made us a model to reflect upon Him.

Or would it be shirk? Because all feelings and all behaviours & personalities indirect or direct originate from God Himself. Is my understanding of this correct or is it Shirk? I obviously dont believe we look like God because Quran says otherwise. But in a way as a model internally and in a whole sense an instrument that can represent God?

Kindly correct me on this, because I dont want to commit shirk.

Thank you.

Umer replied 1 year, 4 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Bible – Man In The Image Of God

Umer updated 1 year, 4 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 8, 2022 at 10:51 pm

Man being created in the image Of God is mentioned allegorically in the Bible. It is in the sense that humans are conscious beings that have power over other creatures due to their intellect.

Genesis‬ ‭1‬:‭24-26 NIV‬‬:

And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

‭‭

• Umer

Moderator December 9, 2022 at 4:52 pm

Please also see:

Discussion 69989

The discussion "Bible – Man In The Image Of God" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now