Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Political Alliances Of Hadith Narrators

• Political Alliances Of Hadith Narrators

Posted by Abdur Rahman on December 11, 2022 at 8:46 pm

As’salamualaykum,

Were the authentic narrators of hadith politically aligned with governments such as umayyad dynasty and modified few words in hadith to support government policies or agendas ?

Jazakallahu khair

Abdur Rahman replied 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Political Alliances Of Hadith Narrators

• Umer

Moderator December 12, 2022 at 8:09 pm

It is because of these inherent limitations in akhbar-i-ahad, principles of understanding Hadith had been developed by scholars (Principles of Understanding Hadith: Discussion 56230) and they go beyond the only criteria of authenticity of narrators. Even after applying these principles, Hadith Corpus still remains a ‘Zanni ilm‘ (Plausible Knowledge) and there still remains room for some wrongly attributed narrations finding place in hadith corpus under some political bias or any other mistake.

Please also refer to the following response of Ghamidi Sahab:

Discussion 31304 • Reply 31306

__

For a detailed discussion on the matter, please refer to the following videos:

• Umer

Moderator December 12, 2022 at 8:09 pm

• Abdur Rahman

Member December 14, 2022 at 7:24 pm

Thanks Umer bhai, I have gone through the video’s and reading material. They have helped me clearing many doubts.

Will go through other videos as well which you have posted in other questions.

• Abdur Rahman

Member December 14, 2022 at 7:29 pm

Will go through remaining videos as well which you have posted in other questions.

The discussion "Political Alliances Of Hadith Narrators" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now