Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam People's Attitudes Towards Religion

• People's Attitudes Towards Religion

Posted by Taimur Mughal on December 14, 2022 at 5:55 am

Would it be ok to compare modern muslims who dont want to side away from traditional view of islam, to consider them like people of Noa and other nations who were stubborn and not wanting to understand or see things in a different light? I’m not saying that they are disbelievers , but they are ofcourse believers but they share this characteristic to not wanting to open up their mind for understanding the true meaning of quran and hadiths instead of blindly and stubbornly following traditional views that are problematic!

I for example told someone Hajuj Majuj are not some fantasy creatures hiding behind wall. That they are actually descendants of Noa and are now are ruling the world. Person said No, you don’t believe that God can keep creatures behind a wall? It was as if I was talking to a wall.

And second question;

Can someone please advise me how to deal with such muslim brothers and sisters that they dont want to understand the true meaning except but traditional view is for them the only way?

Because it really bothers me and I get in a debate with them.

Thank you

Faisal Haroon replied 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • People's Attitudes Towards Religion

Faisal Haroon updated 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 14, 2022 at 11:19 am

As a common person you don’t have any responsibility to make anyone believe in anything. Similarly, you have no need to stereotype anyone. You have to understand and practice religion for your own sake.

• Taimur Mughal

Member December 15, 2022 at 1:21 pm

Isn’t it a fardh to help another muslim brother or sister if you see they are clearly mistaken and getting wrong agenda’s or understanding is getting wrong?

Because then one would not be sharing the knowledge he has acquired and keeping quiet? Wouldnt that be a sin?

Kindly if you can elaborate on this?

Jazakumullah khair.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 15, 2022 at 1:45 pm

As common people what we have to remind others is of basic beliefs and maruf (universal good) and munkar (universal evil). Interpreting Quran and Hadith or judging others on the basis of their understanding is not our job.

For details about an individual’s responsibility of preaching please see:

Discussion 27912

You can watch the first video in the above thread from from 34:36 onward and the entire second video.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register