Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions Reading The Bible

Tagged: 

• Reading The Bible

Posted by Jazeb Tariq on December 19, 2022 at 12:15 pm

Assalamu Alaikum,

Is it a good idea to read Bible and Torah as Quran mentions that we should believe in the previous books as well. If yes, where should we start and what should we be reading?

Jazeb Tariq replied 1 year, 3 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Reading The Bible

Jazeb Tariq updated 1 year, 3 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 19, 2022 at 12:45 pm

Yes it is a good idea to learn from the Bible, which includes the Torah. However, I would recommend that one has spent some time in learning the Quran first. Read any good translation of the Quran at least once from cover to cover before reading the Bible. This will save you from confusions caused by any errors in the Bible due to mistranslations etc.

• Umer

Moderator December 19, 2022 at 8:18 pm

Please also see:

Discussion 48177

• Jazeb Tariq

Member December 20, 2022 at 8:38 pm

Thank you for the responses. Alhamdulillah I have read 2 different translations of Quran and these days I’m reading the Al-Bayan English version with Tafseer. I’ve read a few paragraphs from Bible and when you read them its evident that it is Allah’s word which is why I am interested in reading it more just to get deeper into the wisdom that is present in it. Is there a specific version of Bible that you recommend? And are there things that I should be careful about when approaching Bible besides the obvious differences between Islam and Christianity?

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register