To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Two Sisters In A Marriage At The Same Time

Tagged: ,

• Two Sisters In A Marriage At The Same Time

Faisal Haroon updated 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 20, 2022 at 1:14 pm

The proper translation of Quran 4:22-24 is as follows as per Ghamidi sahab:

And marry not women whom your fathers married – except what has been done in the past: it was shameful and odious – an abominable practice indeed. Prohibited to you [for marriage] are your mothers, your daughters, your sisters, your maternal and paternal aunts, the daughters of your brothers and sisters; your mothers who have suckled you and your sisters through fosterage. [Similarly], the mothers of your wives, your step-daughters raised under you born of your wives with whom you have lain – no offence if you have not lain with their mothers, and the wives of your real sons, and two sisters in wedlock at the same time, except for what has already happened. God indeed is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. Also [prohibited are] women already married, except those whom your right hands possess; this is a written obligation upon you from God. (4:22-24)

For details please see:

Discussion 29875

To learn the principles of understanding the Quran please see:

Discussion 55737

• Hamad Khan

Member December 20, 2022 at 1:17 pm

Dr. Kashif Khan, is saying the same thing about your translation whatever you’re saying about his translation. Please read his translation first and then reply me.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 20, 2022 at 2:59 pm

I did read before responding. I have shared with you the principles of understanding the Quran along with the correct translation. After going through the material it is for you to decide on the basis of evidence provided.

The discussion "Two Sisters In A Marriage At The Same Time" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now