Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Sexual Relationships When Children Are Not Desired

Tagged: 

• Sexual Relationships When Children Are Not Desired

Posted by dev rahim on December 26, 2022 at 12:38 pm

Salam,

I know my question will sound absurd, but I need to ask about what I am going through and I just feel Ghamidi sahab’s platform is the right one and no one will judge me.

I have understand from Ghamidi sahab that Zina was forbidden for the sake of child that could born and a child needs a family unlike animals. But what if there is no chance of child to be born? what if the couple is taking contraceptive measures? that actually invalidates the condition, so will zina will be allowed?

Also a Nikkah needs to be announced publicly, here in West, relationships like girlfriend/boyfriend are quite common. and everyone knows that they are a couple (in a relationship) so how does that distinguish from nikkah? Civil marriage is a requirement of Govt not Islam. Isn’t it?

My apologies if I have hurt anyone’s feelings.

Thanks.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 3 months ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Sexual Relationships When Children Are Not Desired

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 1 year, 3 months ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 26, 2022 at 10:41 pm

1. Zina violates the sanctity of family. If it is not allowed for a married man and woman to protect the sanctity of the family (childcare), it is not allowed for unmarried too, for the same reason that the unmarried ones will get married and a habit which is detrimental to family life (childcare) after marriage should not be allowed to adopt before marriage, as a preemptive measure.

This prohibition is not just for the child that may be born out of zina, but also for the child born in a family.

2. Nikah essentially demands public announcement and the intention to keep the knot forever. This is intention is missing the relationship of boyfriend-girlfriend. They are not formally bound to make it a permanent relationship.

• dev rahim

Member December 26, 2022 at 11:55 pm

Dr Irfan Sahab,

But if there is no way a child can be born will it still be that sinful-hell-assured Zina? For example many people here willingly don’t want children, and sometimes they go through medical procedures for avoiding pregnancy forever. What if?

Islam allowed sexual relationship with wives and slaves, one didnt require nikkah with slaves, so there was some sort of relaxation. However slavery is gone in this day and time, but the replacement can be a couple who mutually consensually engage in sexual relationship. what are your thoughts?

Thanks and Regards,

Dev

• sulaiman gran

Member December 26, 2022 at 10:58 pm

Brother nobody will be able to answer this because its the question of mine aswell . Even ghamidi saab cant answer I know it for sure. they will just confuse you one time giving one logic one time another.

• Umer

Moderator December 26, 2022 at 11:37 pm

@solo

Mr Sulaiman Gran

Please do not post baseless and useless comments.

If you have a question or a follow-up question, please post it as a question and if you are not satisfied with the answer, then post your arguments countering the arguments presented earlier. Do not use this platform as a source for your venting against Islam or any scholar.

• sulaiman gran

Member December 26, 2022 at 11:38 pm

So please answer it

• Umer

Moderator December 27, 2022 at 12:22 am

Please refer to the video below from 1:33 to 15:25

• Umer

Moderator December 27, 2022 at 12:23 am

Please also refer to the video below from 44:52 to 48:21

Alternative Link: ilm-o-Hikmat 15-04-2018

• Umer

Moderator December 27, 2022 at 12:23 am

Please also refer to the video below from 31:00 to 34:05

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 27, 2022 at 9:49 pm

Dear Dev Rahim,

You might find answers to your questions in these videos, if there is any query left, you can ask.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register