Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 56:25 – No Ill Speech In The Paradise

Tagged: , ,

• Quran 56:25 – No Ill Speech In The Paradise

Posted by Taimur Mughal on December 27, 2022 at 3:24 am

Question is ; in Surah waqiah & in other surah I forgot the name my apologies)

God says there will be no Ill speech in Jannah , only peacfull talk.

How is this a reward while we notice that among friends we like to joke and laugh and almost always these contain not so very peacefull talk. Like we like to make fun of each other and we laugh about it which is not bad for us infact we prefer it in this world. This creates strong friendships. We roast each other and diss sometimes! Sometimes we like to make fun of other stuff which is funny.

So how can we enjoy these needs of human psychology if these will not be there? Will God change us? But if He changes our personality than that would not be me anymore right? That would something be a type of forced and entirely changed trait about a person.

Than obviously he would be programmed to enjoy that! So how is This a reward for the person living in this world? With all his desires and traits of this world?

Kindly if someone can shed light upon this?

Jazakumullah khair.

Faisal Haroon replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Quran 56:25 – No Ill Speech In The Paradise

Faisal Haroon updated 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 27, 2022 at 4:36 pm

There are no needs of human psychology to engage in ill speech.

Please see the following note of Al-Bayan on the referenced verse.

14 What is the aspect of blessing in it? Imām Amīn Aḥsan Islahi has explained it. He writes:

These verses point at the pure and unadulterated bliss and ecstasy of the muqarrabīn: whatever nonsensical and frivolous talks of their enemies and criticizers they had to listen to ended with the previous world and so did the harms and losses they had to bear. In Paradise, they will neither hear any nonsensical talk nor any sinful conversation. Peace and mercy will embrace them from all sides. This will be from God, the angels and from their own companions as well. Morning and evening, they will be engulfed in these cries.

Amīn Aḥsan Islahi, Tadabbur-i Quran, vol. 8, 165

• Taimur Mughal

Member December 27, 2022 at 4:48 pm

So basically it does not refer to the general attitudes of human beings like friends making jokes with each other? But about the enemies that are no longer harming the muqarrabeen with their evil speech?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 28, 2022 at 1:00 am

Please see the above response.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register