Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Forgiveness And Tawbah

• Forgiveness And Tawbah

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on December 27, 2022 at 6:22 am

Assalamualaikum

Hello there, my question is that in different verses of Quran some things are mentioned

Like at one place that Allah does not forgive shirk but anything lesser than that, he may or may not forgive

In other place, someone who died before he did tawbah for some sins, there’s no tawbah for him.

And we also know that Allah forgives even Shirk if it is done and a person before death repents and does istigfar.

So my question is that if someone does a big sin and does tawbah immediately then his tawbah Allah will accept inshallah,

Someone who does tawbah at the time of death, this tawbah is not accepted.

So what if someone who did a big sin once but died and his tawbah is not accepted but the paragraph above talks about that Allah forgives all sins except Shirk, for whoever He wills (so i think this ayat is talking about those who died before repentance because else with sincere repentance, even Shirk is forgiven inshallah. ) But in another ayah the tawbah is not accepted who died before tawbah.

So is tawbah and forgiveness mentioned separate things? Like tawbah is when your matter is fully cleared and you won’t be held questionable for the deed. And if the tawbah is not done or not accepted, then this matter will be brought up in the day if judgement, then the first text of paragraph (that no forgiveness for shirk, less than that, may or may not be forgiven) would take place, is it right?

I think if my understanding is right then tawbah and forgiveness have little bit difference in them in terms of questionability. Tawbah means totally removed from the naama Amal and won’t be brought up in qayamah and forgiveness means that it was brought up in qayamah (because of absence of tawbah) but Allah does not give punishment for it and forgives the person. Am i right?

Faisal Haroon replied 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Forgiveness And Tawbah

Faisal Haroon updated 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 27, 2022 at 4:26 pm

If a person commits a sin and immediately repents upon realizing his mistake, God has made it incumbent upon Himself to forgive such a person. The rest of the people will be held accountable on the Day of Judgement in front of God. There God may forgive certain people or even the entire humanity due to His mercy but we should not count on that. The key thing to remember is that on the Day of Judgement no one shall be wronged.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member December 28, 2022 at 2:14 am

@faisalharoon @Irfan76 but sir the concept or we can say the application i mentioned, that tawbah and forgiveness in hereafter have a little difference right, keeping in mind those different ayahs.

And sir can you please explain those Ayah mentioned above? Like one where shirk is unforgivable and Ayah regarding tawbah and the understanding i talked about that we Muslims belief and every sin, even Shirk can be forgiven if properly repented before in this lifetime. Can you please explain these?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 28, 2022 at 12:43 pm

Tauba is the act of seeking sincere repentance while forgiveness is the result of an accepted tauba.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member December 30, 2022 at 12:19 pm

@faisalharoon sir so the ayat i mentioned first, so i think it’s talking about those whose tawbah was not done or accepted in dünya and now this thing would take place that Allah will not forgive Shirk but anything lesser than that of anyone he wills. Am i right?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 30, 2022 at 3:41 pm

I am not sure which verse you might be referring to. The key thing to understand has already been explained in my previous responses.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register