Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Questions About Method Of Dawah

• Questions About Method Of Dawah

Posted by Sameer Namole on January 1, 2023 at 11:03 am

Hello sir

Before giving dawah or let’s say before giving quran to people, is it necessary to make them believe that quran is the word of god? Let’s say I am going to give dawah to an atheist or someone who believes in other religion. So I can say that this is book of Almighty and read it.

But is it necessary for them to believe in it as book of God before reading it to get influenced by the word of God?

Or just reading it even with doubtful mind is okay and even then the Quran can influence people and propagate it’s message.

Saad Aamir replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Questions About Method Of Dawah

Saad Aamir updated 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Saad Aamir

Member January 1, 2023 at 11:08 am

According to the video below, it seems one should only attempt to convince them if they ask for it. Otherwise a brief introduction is enough according to Ghamidi Sahab but it seems the less we say, the better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkAbLY23FgI

• Sameer Namole

Member January 5, 2023 at 6:48 am

One of friend is an atheist. He’s asking for quran to read. As I already know he doesn’t seemingly believe in quran, should I just give him quran without having to prove that it’s word of God?

• Saad Aamir

Member January 5, 2023 at 6:53 am

My understanding is that you should give them the Qur’an if you have a such relationship with them that they are willing to accept gifts from you.

You may explain that “You believe that it is word of God and they should take a look at it, see what they think about it.

Then it is up to them to decide how seriously they want to take this book which claims to be the word of their Lord. Your job here is done. If they do take it seriously and read it, they may come to you for some clarification then your role is to answer any queries or direct them to any scholar that can solve queries you can’t.

• Saad Aamir

Member January 5, 2023 at 7:01 am

If after reading the Qur’an they ask you to prove anything then you may take this video as advice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81YWBSUz7rg

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register