Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Why Do The Authoritarian People Always Persecute Scholars Who Speak The Truth

Tagged: , ,

• Why Do The Authoritarian People Always Persecute Scholars Who Speak The Truth

Posted by Abdur Rahman on January 1, 2023 at 10:26 pm

As’salamualaykum,

I have recently come across an video that mentions that even Shaykh Albani (rha) had to leave his country as he was getting persecuted by the state authorities

Similarly with Imam Abu Hanifa (rha) who was also persecuted by the scholars of his time for standing out and speaking the truth.

If I am not wrong, Ghamidi sir also faced similar issue due to threats from taliban.

My Question is –

Why do these authorities fear such outspoken and research oriented scholars or intellectuals and give punishments which are under the categories of fasad fil arz like death threats or exiling from the country etc. ?

PS: My apologies to the moderators of this forum for annoying with questions. I will be judged as deviated (gumrah) if i go to my local scholars.

Huge thanks to Faisal sir, Dr Irfan, Brother Umer, moderators and anyone who has answered my queries on this forum.

Jazakallahu Khairaa

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Why Do The Authoritarian People Always Persecute Scholars Who Speak The Truth

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 1, 2023 at 11:16 pm

The love of and affiliation with the tradition and to hold intact the status quo to save the social fabric and to maintain the balance of social life are the desires and motives behind such persecution, primarily.

Political motives get involved too sometimes, if the new ideas threaten their position, again the same phenomenon of keep intact the status quo.

• Abdur Rahman

Member January 1, 2023 at 11:50 pm

If we try to understand from their perspective and stand in their framework then they are saving the social fabric and balancing social life which are good intentions in their sight.

Now follow-up questions arises is —

Is their framework rewarded in Islam or will it be punished by Allah (swt) ?

• Abdur Rahman

Member January 2, 2023 at 2:32 am

I got 1 answer from Umer bhai in another thread (Discussion 55838 • Reply 55882) about janib e haqq and janib e nafs but the context explained there by ghamidi sir was for suicide bombing.

In my present context of this question – Does saving social fabric and balancing social life comes under the category of janib e haqq or janib e nafs ?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 2, 2023 at 2:37 am

This is the test of human beings. If the new thing or idea is better or the Haq, and their conscience confirms it is Haq and still they prefer their status quo which stands against Haq, it is falsehood and severely punishable.

• Abdur Rahman

Member January 10, 2023 at 7:07 am

Jazakallahu khaira for sharing this gem of answer @Irfan76.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 10, 2023 at 10:53 pm

Jesus Christ’s example is relevant here. He stood agains the status quo of the religiosity of Jewish scholars and Sufi and was rejected despite being the Prophet of God with a number of miracles to confirm his status.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register