Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy What If In The Future The Universe Becomes Self Explanatory?

Tagged: ,

• What If In The Future The Universe Becomes Self Explanatory?

Posted by Sameer Namole on January 5, 2023 at 2:07 am

Hello sir,

In this video Ghamidi sahab said :

“To jab tak aap ye bata na de ki is kaynat me ye mechanism hai jo asal me shaoori faisle karne ki salahiyat rakhta hai. Usko daryaft karle to fir jahir hai ki asal me wo mechanism hi fir khaliq bhi ho jayega.”

So what if in future humans discover a mechanism like this? I am afraid. Like are we sure science is not going to discover some intellectual mechanism because Ghamidi sahab is saying then we can consider it the creator! This is a huge claim.

Thanks in Advance sir.

Sameer Namole replied 1 year, 3 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • What If In The Future The Universe Becomes Self Explanatory?

• Saad Aamir

Member January 5, 2023 at 7:37 am

1. Will this hypothetical universe also be able to explain why we are here, why life exists, where intelligence comes from, what happens after death, why morality exists, why we have desires for immortality and perfect justice and why there were prophets for centuries that have been talking about God?

2. Iman is belief in the unseen but proven by evidence. Our issue with godless view is not the fear that it might be true but rather our issue is that it’s not true right now. If the problem of life, the questions I raised above in point 1, can be solved by the universe itself then we will just evaluate the evidence and believe the evidence where-ever it will take us, including the idea that our God is just an universal mechanism. We follow evidence, that’s what iman is. But right now, instead of thinking about evidence that can be, we focus on what is, this is the iman of today and it is the iman since forever mankind started.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 5, 2023 at 8:40 am

The hypothetical idea of a self explanatory universe is nothing new. Humans have been trying really hard to explain the reasons for the existence of this universe and conscious life within this universe for thousands of years (perhaps even longer). However, despite our best minds, including philosophers and scientists, repeatedly taking on the challenge, we are not even one step closer to finding an answer. All that we have so far are a number of speculations, and even those are not without a long list of valid criticisms.

For the universe to be self explanatory, we must find a mechanism on the basis of causality which explains the existence of everything that we see in this universe including matter, energy, fields, life, consciousness, as well as the reasons for the existence of laws that govern all these things. In other words, we are looking for a way to explain a self generated and a self sustaining machine which seems to be meticulously functioning for at least billions of years in order to serve its self defined purpose.

Chances of discovering such an explanation are slim to none. However, if it is indeed discovered in the future then of course we would have falsified the claim of religion.

• Sameer Namole

Member January 5, 2023 at 9:01 am

Fantastic sir, simply fascinating answer. Both of you, “dariya ko kuze me band kar diya”. Thank you so much as I am finally understanding what critical and umbiased approach really means. Respect ++

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register