Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Nature Of Farahi School And Differences Among Its Students

Tagged: 

• Nature Of Farahi School And Differences Among Its Students

Posted by Abdur Rahman on January 6, 2023 at 6:23 am

As’salamualaykum,

My questions has 2 parts, they are –

1. Is Farahi school only for advanced seekers of knowledge ?

2. If it is not then how will it appeal to common people if they are differences within its students ?

From a common person perspective he/she may not know all the details of the conflict between a school students and he will be again back to square one because he wanted to move away from the conflicts created by traditionalists in islam.

Jazakallahu Khairaa.

Abdur Rahman replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Nature Of Farahi School And Differences Among Its Students

• Umer

Moderator January 7, 2023 at 1:30 am

1. As a principle, this statement is not correct but from a practical standpoint, this statement can be true. Since human nature innately prefers tradition, ease and arguments which are straight-forward, can easily be understood on their facevalue and easily traceable. Hanafi School prevails over Indo-Pak sub-continent as a tradition mainly, and ahl-e-hadith school prevails as far as straight forwardness and traceability of arguments are concerned i.e. presenting a hadith number on any issue which can can be looked up in hadith books.

In Farahi School however, there is more epistemological complexity in comparative terms (more closer to Hanafi School) which try to establish relationship between difference sources of religion and prioritize the sources on the basis of their content and their mode of transmission and try to establish relationship between directives on the basis of commonality of directives (‘illat‘). This exercise may look daunting to some and useless to many, since they already have a tradition of knowledge and hadith as an independent source of knoweldege having answer for everything. So it can be said that from a practical stand point, Farahi School will end up staying the religion of few (you can call them advanced seekers of knowledge if you’d like).

Please refer to the following video response by Ghamidi Sahab (specifically from 49:34 onward)

Discussion 21789 • Reply 21985

__

Please also refer to the video below from 2:57 to 6:06

• Abdur Rahman

Member January 8, 2023 at 1:43 am

I have gone through the video shared about Firqa vs Maktab e Fikr. Ghamidi sir mentioned that he follows the usuli approach (principle approach) of Imam Farahi (rha).

I think I will ask a silly question but its better to ask then to have assumptions.

Question:

If closeness to hanafi madhab is to be measured in terms of percentage, then how much closer is farahi school to hanafi school of thought ? and if this difference is documented in form of videos or books ?

• Umer

Moderator January 9, 2023 at 11:17 pm

Please refer to the following video:

https://youtu.be/AayG1Cd5SAs

• Abdur Rahman

Member January 10, 2023 at 6:39 am

Jazakallahu khaira for sharing these gems of knowledge. In sha allah will go through the video

• Umer

Moderator January 7, 2023 at 1:30 am

2. There is need to understand the difference between School of thought and a Sect. In a school of thought, people agree with basic principles that provide foundation for a particular school, but they can always differ in application matters. Therefore, such differences will always arise, and as long as humans are alive and are free to think, they must arise.

The discussion "Nature Of Farahi School And Differences Among Its Students" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now