Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions Video On The Chronological History Of Islam Starting From Adam AS

• Video On The Chronological History Of Islam Starting From Adam AS

Faisal Haroon updated 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 7, 2023 at 1:34 pm

Sorry there is no such video by any of the Al-Mawrid scholars.

The period before Prophet Muhammad SAW is prehistoric and there are no reliable means to gather such information. The period between Adam SAW and Nuh SAW is especially very much in the dark. The Bible is the only source of history of the Prophets of Bani Israel; while certain established facts are known, however, many details in that historical account are still questionable.

• Zafar

Member January 7, 2023 at 2:14 pm

I understand that but don’t you think there is a need to compile such a history from Muslims perspective. Our kids ask questions about our prophets and the timeline of the people of the book.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 7, 2023 at 3:24 pm

I can understand the need due to curiosity, however, as I alluded to earlier, such a comprehensive historical account of every Prophet from Adam SWS all the way up to Muhammad SWS cannot be compiled due to the lack of reliable data. We don’t even know the names of all the Prophets that were sent to the humanity.

We do, however, have enough knowledge about the Prophets mentioned in the Bible and the Quran for the purpose of understanding our religion. One should, however, appreciate that apart from whatever is mentioned in the Quran, other details can be sketchy because they have to rely on secondary sources.

If that is what you are looking for in order to teach your children then books by Goodword will certainly serve the purpose:

Children Books by Goodword

As for the timeline of Biblical / Quranic Prophets, Bible scholars have estimated it to the best of their ability. You can look it up on Google. Again, one has to understand that these are only estimates, which are sometimes even debated amongst scholars, but this is the best that is available to us.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register