Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Prophet Muhammad In Abrahamic Religion

• Prophet Muhammad In Abrahamic Religion

Ahmad Zia Jamili updated 1 year, 2 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator January 8, 2023 at 8:19 am

He was on deen e hanif ie religion of Prophet Ibrahim A.S.

• Ahmad Zia Jamili

Member January 8, 2023 at 9:44 am

Thanks for the answer dear Ahsan Jalal, but my question is why he was not in the religion of Jews and Christianity, was not Christianity and judaism Dene Hanif, and they both come after Abrahamic religion.

• Saad Aamir

Member January 8, 2023 at 10:12 am

“was not Christianity and judaism Dene Hanif, and they both come after Abrahamic religion.”

The Qur’an seems to disagree:

Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian. He was an upright man (Hanif), one who had surrendered himself to God. He was not one of those who associated partners with God. (3:67)

• Ahmad Zia Jamili

Member January 9, 2023 at 5:10 am

Thank you Mr. Saad Amir, off-course neither Abraham AS nor Jesus AS was associating partner to Allah, my question is since Jesus AS was Just the messenger before prophet puh, then why prophet Muhammad was not in his religion. We know that After Abaraham AS , Muses AS came then Jesus then Muhammad. Did not Quraish associate partner to Allah SWT before Muhammad reveal as messenger?

• Saad Aamir

Member January 9, 2023 at 5:57 am

I think clarification is needed.

Christianity is not religion of Jesus AS, this needs to be clear because the verse is not talking about Abraham or Jesus themselves, they are talking about Judaism and Christianity, that these religions do not represent Deen-i-Hanif according to Qur’an. These religions do not represent Abraham, Jesus nor Moses according to Qur’an.

The verse I quoted clarified that Abraham did not follow Jewish tradition, nor Christian tradition nor was he like the Quraish who associated partner to Allah. Now among the Quraish there were those who did not do shirk, they were called Hanif. So the Qur’an is indirectly highlighting that among the Quraish, who were neither Jewish, Christian nor Mushrik, the one who called themselves Hanif, are more closer to Abraham and among these Quraish Hanif, Prophet Muhammad was there. So he was among the pure ideology possible in a time when Arabic Judaism called Uzair the son of God, worshipping their scholars and jinns (for black magic) and Arabic Christian who were praying to Jesus, Mary and the Jibareel (Holy Spirit) alongside Allah.

So no, neither Judaism nor Christianity in Prophet PBUH time and area were Deen-i-Hanif. Quraish Mushrik, Arabic Judaism and Arabic Christian in 600~ AD were not pure. Only a group of Quraish monotheists called Hanif were considered the closest to Abraham.

Qur’an 3:68:

The closest of people to Abraham are those who followed him, and this prophet, and those who believe; and Allah is the Guardian of all believers.

The verse (3:67) I quoted before indicates that Arabic Judaism and Arabic Christian in Prophet PBUH time and area were not among those “who followed him”, it seems to be a reference to Quraish monotheists that were called Hanif.

• Saad Aamir

Member January 9, 2023 at 7:18 am

Also you can refer to these discussions for more detail:

Discussion 64977

Discussion 67057

• Ahmad Zia Jamili

Member January 11, 2023 at 1:15 am

Thank you so much Saad Aamir for detail explanation and your consideration, now it is clear,

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register