Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Selling Indecent Women's Clothes And Make Up

• Selling Indecent Women's Clothes And Make Up

Posted by Taimur Mughal on January 8, 2023 at 7:38 am

Is it haram to sell clothes for women that are let’s say if they wear it openly, it would cause fitnah.

So let’s say skirts, red dresses, summer clotthes that reveal female body etc. Would targeting these type of market to women be haram?

And similarly would selling make up be haram too? Because women can’t live without it and there is always a need in this for them. Even if they want to only wear these for their husband, they will have to buy it somewhere right?

So the sin is upon the user I guess?

So i’m confused how to approach this.

Would I be sinfull selling these products to women?

Thank you.

Faisal Haroon replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Selling Indecent Women's Clothes And Make Up

Faisal Haroon updated 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 8, 2023 at 4:20 pm

There is no prohibition of selling these items since you have no knowledge of how they will be used.

• Taimur Mughal

Member January 8, 2023 at 4:27 pm

Even if I see with my own eyes many women that are not muslim ofcourse buying it from me and in the west as you know they are not wearing any hijab or minimum hiding. If you clearly see that in the street and society.

So I would not be sinfull then? Would I then not be asked why were you selling this when you knew most of these women were using it for bad?

Jazakamullah khair.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 8, 2023 at 6:35 pm

Okay so now that you have a justification for being sinful in selling such items then you will certainly be sinful in doing so. My previous response, however, still applies to all others.

• Taimur Mughal

Member January 8, 2023 at 6:46 pm

Brother,

I still don’t get it. Can you please make it a simple answer for me.

I have this justification but that can apply to many halal things as well so then nothing can be halal.

I selling make up , [ mostly used in haram way everybody knows that] would be sinful? Or would the rule be I am only selling it but the user is the one who is reponsible? So I would not be accountable on the day of judgement for this indirectly?

Thank you.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 8, 2023 at 7:19 pm

Brother my first response was a very simple answer in accordance with the principle that everyone is responsible for their own deeds (Quran 6:164 and several other verses).

My second response is in accordance with another principle in Quran 2:187. When someone considers something to be sinful even when it really is not, but still commits that deed then such a person shall be held accountable for their deed. For details please watch the following video from 6:00 to 8:50.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register