Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Life, Consciousness And Intellect

Tagged: ,

• Life, Consciousness And Intellect

Posted by Sameer Namole on January 11, 2023 at 5:48 am

Three fundamental questions that Ghamidi sahab states about this universe are as follows.

1. How matter is created?

2. How conciousness enters into matter?

3. How Intellect enters into consciousness?

I want to know what we really mean by 2nd and 3rd question. I mean we can clone species using cells, we can grow chicks in eggs without chicken. It is said that conciousness is some result of some reactions in brain etc. I know these are hollow discoveries but as those questions are said to be fundamental questions, I want to understand what we really want or what are the dynamics of those 2nd and 3rd question and how much science has done to achieve these answers. Hope the question is clear. Thank you. The questions I asked can be found in this video.

Faisal Haroon replied 1 year, 3 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Life, Consciousness And Intellect

• Saad Aamir

Member January 11, 2023 at 7:13 am

But the egg does come from a living being (chicken). Egg doesn’t come from say, from a rock. So it’s acceptable that chicks are coming from chicken but you need to produce a egg, from scratch that can produce a chick. But I don’t think it’s possible, even the cloning example requires living cells to work.

Also the consiousness from chemical reaction hasn’t been demostrated so it’s baseless. Otherwise, just replicate the chemical reaction and give life to the dead or make a non-living into a consious being?

Basically, you need to create a normal rock from nothing. Then you need to make this rock into something alive, then you need to give it consiousness and then you need to make it intelligent by its own free will because that is what consiousness would be (programming a computer does not count because human are the alive/consious/intelligence factor in this case).

Thousand of years of research and we still haven’t figured out how to do the first step let alone the 2nd or 3rd. 2nd and 3rd step only been mimic’d as you explained, making a chicken produce egg and make the egg hatch without the chicken or to take living cells and make the cells reproduce without an animal to a clone but can you make the egg yourself? Can you make living cells from scartch for cloning? No. Not yet. And probably never will. You can perform natural process in alternative way but how is this “dead, unconsious,unintelligent” nature doing all this by itself when we humans who are far more alive, consious and intelligent can’t even get close? Only one answer to that.

• Sameer Namole

Member January 11, 2023 at 8:04 am

Fantastic bhai. Grateful for your answer. Thanks a lot.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 11, 2023 at 8:15 am

I think that you misunderstood what Ghamidi sahab stated in the video you shared. The age old existential questions are a) where does matter/energy come from? b) how does non-living matter acquire life, and c) how does life acquire consciousness? Other than religion there is yet to be any other source that provides any coherent answers to these questions.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register