Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Visiting Prophet Muhammad (sws) Grave

• Visiting Prophet Muhammad (sws) Grave

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 12, 2023 at 10:32 pm

How come it falls into the category of shirk? Shirk is to make partners with God in His Being or attributes. There is nothing like that here, except that one prays to the prophet which is shirk.

The right question could be, it is true or not to consider the place of the prophet’s grave sacred. Yes, it is sacred as the last prophet is known to be buried there. and we can hope that it due to our affiliation with the prophet, God would have special blessing on us while praying near his grave.

• Yusuf

Member January 13, 2023 at 1:38 am

Similar question I asked regarding visiting shrines considering them to be sacred and Duas will be more accepted there..what I have understood by earlier answer It was told this will be considered shirk and we should only visit grave for praying for dead person.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 13, 2023 at 2:49 am

Shirk is committed at the shrines like prostrating or circling around them or praying to the dead ones. Visiting them is not shirk

• Yusuf

Member January 13, 2023 at 8:08 am

Discussion 75931

In this discussion I asked visiting shrines thinking it is a sacred place or more duas are accepted there..what I have understood from the reply was that it is considered shirk..and we should only visit grave for asking Dua for dead person.

• Yusuf

Member January 13, 2023 at 8:10 am
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 15, 2023 at 9:37 pm

Thinking shrines as sacred and Dua to be more acceptable are baseless ideas. One can visit them to take Ibrat (lessons to remeber death) or to pray for the dead ones.

• Yusuf

Member January 15, 2023 at 10:45 pm

Is this concept same with Prophet Muhammed grave too?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 15, 2023 at 11:54 pm

No, it is different because we know the prophet was a chosen one and he received special blessings of God. So he was sacred. and due to our affiliation with the chosen one of God, we may receive His blessings too.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register