Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Is Every Lie A Lie Upon God?

Tagged: 

• Is Every Lie A Lie Upon God?

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on January 14, 2023 at 2:41 pm

hello there, Assalaam u alaykum

my question is that since everything that happens, happens with the will and order of Allah, so wouldn’t every lie become an iftirah Al Allah?.

for example if someone gets a car, then we say that he got the car because Allah willed this for this man. so if another man asks him that do you have a car? and this person replies with a no, wouldn’t he be technically saying “no i don’t have (which means Allah did not willed it for me, or bless me with such car)

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 3 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Is Every Lie A Lie Upon God?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 14, 2023 at 9:12 pm

To lie upon God (a major sin) means to attribute something to God that He did not tell us.

We should restrict ourselves to what has been clearly communicated to us and refrain from hypothesizing or drawing unnecessary logical conclusions in religion. This is especially true in the matters relating to God and everything in the category of mutashabihat (Discussion 55767), since some of these might lead us to attributing lies upon God themselves.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member January 15, 2023 at 4:47 am

@faisalharoon sir but isn’t it a lie about a fact of event, a lie that Allah willed it the other thing etc?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 15, 2023 at 9:51 am

Please see my response above.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 15, 2023 at 9:26 pm

Iftarah al Allah is about religious matters, our beliefs about God. A lie about God that has daughters or sons or gave divine powers to some deities is iftarah al Allah. This is because God has told us that he does not do such things. We need not include other things here for which we have no certificate that they are ordained by God or not.

Not every worldly matter is ordained by God. The world runs on the system of cause and effect initiated by God. Things happen whether they are ordained by God or with the permission of God.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member January 16, 2023 at 12:04 am

@Irfan76 sir but even if we say with permission of Allah. Allah permitted one thing to happen but the person says otherwise that i do not have car, ie Allah’s permission for car was not there

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 16, 2023 at 10:54 pm

The result you drew is inferred, not intended by the person so this lie confines only to an ordinary lie not a lie upon God.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register