Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is Nafli Tawaf Allowed?

Tagged: ,

• Is Nafli Tawaf Allowed?

Umer updated 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Ahmad Wattoo

Member January 15, 2023 at 7:17 pm

I also read that nafli tawaf should has seven rounds otherwise it will be invalid. Missing a single round would make nafli tawaf invalid.

How farahi school of thoughts shed light on this issue ? I researched alot but didn’t found any info about this.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks

• Umer

Moderator January 21, 2023 at 2:23 pm

Yes, nafli Tawaf is Allowed and it is called Tawaf only when seven rounds are completed.

Tawaf has been defined as:

…“The tawaf refers to the seven rounds which are made around the Baytullah in a state of cleanliness. Each of these rounds begins with the hajar-i aswad and ends with it and the istilam of the hajar-i aswad is done at the beginning of each round. It means kissing the hajar-i aswad or touching it with the hands and then kissing the hands. If the place is crowded, a pilgrim can just raise his hands in its direction or even point a stick or something similar towards it“… (Excerpt from Meezan)

AND:

…”the Prophet (sws) has directed the pilgrims to offer another tawaf after offering hajj and umrah before they return to their homes. Ibn Abbas (rta) narrates that the Prophet (sws) is reported to have said that before departing the last thing everyone of you should do is this“… (Excerpt from Meezan)

___

Please refer to the following response to find relevant links in Ghamidi Sahab’s book Meezan:

Discussion 78100 • Reply 78117

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register