Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and State Why Secularism Is Not Compatible With Islam?

Tagged: ,

• Why Secularism Is Not Compatible With Islam?

Posted by Muhammad Sami ud-Din on January 15, 2023 at 2:08 pm

Asselamu aleyküm,

Ghamidi Sb. (ha) in his lecture about Secularism, declared Secularism as incompatible with İslam. My question is that if the politicians are using the name of religion, as the tool for getting successful in the politics, and the situations are getting worse by misunderstanding the Shariah law, such as in Iran, the Islamic revolution government killed the innocent girl Mahsa Amini (rest in peace) for not wearing the Hijab properly. and in Afghanistan, the Talibans banned the female education. Also, There are many disagreements regarding the Shariah law. In these types of conditions in which the Shari’a is totally misunderstood [And the majority of Muslims are regarding it as the true law of God], will Secularism which provides the freedom of religion and expressions became compatible with Islam, for living peacefully?

Faisal Haroon replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Why Secularism Is Not Compatible With Islam?

Faisal Haroon updated 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 15, 2023 at 5:34 pm

Secularism is a very broad term that does not have a single definition. These days it generally refers to a system that promotes atheism and naturalism. Both of these positions are diametrical opposites of even the very basic tenets of Islam.

For further details, please see:

Discussion 68334 • Reply 68399

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member January 15, 2023 at 6:14 pm

@faisalharoon Sir, I mean by Laicism (Laïcité), the French branch of Secularism, which discourages religious involvement from the governmental issues. This branch of Secularism (despite being a opposability to Shariah, the divine law of Allah) is adopted by many Muslims as well, including, Türkiye and other Muslim-majority countries. But at the same time, Türkiye has It’s own state institution for religious affairs (Diyanet) which tells the religious commandments, translate Qur’an into Turkish, is responsible for the salary of the Imams, etc. I am a little bit confused in that matter, because Shariah is the divine law from Allah, the creator. But, many politicians (and even some kings in history) have used religion as the tool for success. So, What would be the Islamic solution on this issue of corruption, and also what is happening in Iran and Afghanistan, nowadays?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 15, 2023 at 10:40 pm

I think that Ghamidi sahab has already provided the solution (shared in above linked discussion) which in his opinion right in line with Islam.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register