Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Women Making Vlogs

Tagged: , ,

• Women Making Vlogs

Posted by Sana Malik on January 15, 2023 at 9:36 pm

Salam,

I am muslim, a PhD student living abroad. I get so much depressed because of being away from my family and country. To overcome this, I made a YouTube channel on which I upload vlogs (me physically appearing on that, exposing face, hair and hands) regarding my routine activities and upload on my YouTube channel. This activity makes me feel happy and less homesick. My question is that am I committing sin by doing that?

this thing pops up into my mind as a nightmare from last few days.

I’ll be so thankful if you clear my confusion.

JazakAllah

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 3 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Women Making Vlogs

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 1 year, 3 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • Hammad Arshad

Member January 15, 2023 at 9:46 pm

Should not be a problem as long as the content is decent !! !! Also if you put makeup & jewellery then you should cover your hair & body except face , hands & feet. If you don’t then any reasonable clothing is fine with uncovered hair! Hope this helps

• Sana Malik

Member January 15, 2023 at 9:57 pm

Thank you for the response. Is covering head mandatory if ornaments is being done?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 15, 2023 at 9:52 pm

Man or woman, the code of conduct and dress for both of them is the same. See verses, 24: 30-31.

However, if a woman has adorned herself with makeup and jewelry, she is instructed to cover her adornment except what stays usually open in our culture life face, hands bangles. etc.

As far as the content is decent, nothing is to object to it.

• Sana Malik

Member January 15, 2023 at 9:58 pm

Thank you for the response. Is covering head mandatory if ornaments is being done?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 15, 2023 at 10:37 pm

If the culture tells that it is decent to cover it when adorned, it should be covered. Casually adorned can be ignored but again standard cultual norms of decency should be followed.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register