Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Why Own Sufi Scholars When Sufism Is A Parallel Religion?

Tagged: ,

• Why Own Sufi Scholars When Sufism Is A Parallel Religion?

Posted by Abdur Rahman on January 16, 2023 at 8:12 am

All biddah practices and fake claims of nabuwwah are starting from this parallel religion called sufism.

Why do ghamidi sir (hafizahullah) say that the sufi scholars are OUR scholars. I agree that no kufr or disrespect should be done to them but why do we own them as our scholars.

Is it not that we discard a simple bottle of water or food when we find something harmful no matter how small quantity it is present.

Jazakallahu khairaa

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Why Own Sufi Scholars When Sufism Is A Parallel Religion?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 17, 2023 at 2:17 am

The example is not analogous. Our Sufi scholars when they talk about Shariah and religion, provide a very valuable contribution, we cannot discard this valuable contribution of them when we can separate it from their mysticism. While in the example of contaminated water, it is not possible to separate impurities from the water.

• Abdur Rahman

Member January 17, 2023 at 8:31 am

If possible please share me some resource etc about the positive contributions of sufism to islam.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 17, 2023 at 10:23 pm

Not of sufism but of Sufi scholars like Shah wali Ullah, his books on Islamic science have not parallel. For example, see his renowned Book on a comprehensive understanding of Religion, Hujjaht Ullah Al Baligha, On Quran, Al Fauzul Kabeer, on history, Izalatul Khifa, on Fiqh, Fiqh e Umar, the list is long. Imam Ghazali’s books, Tihafaat ul Filaasifaha, Jawahir ul Quran, al Rasail fi Ilm al Masail fi Al Mazhab, Shah Abdul Aziz’s Books on Tafseer and Ahadith. The list is long.

We cannot ignore these gems of knowledge.

• Abdur Rahman

Member January 18, 2023 at 12:44 am

Whats the difference between sufi scholar and sufism ? (General understanding would be a scholar who follows sufism will be called as sufi scholar)

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 18, 2023 at 1:35 am

Sufism is said to be the way to connect directly to God.

Some sufis were scholars too, their scholarly works are judged and revered on the basis of their scholarship. A sufi scholar does not mean that he still is a Sufi while telling something scholarly, and a scholar should be disowned and discarded because he happens to be a Sufi too.

• Abdur Rahman

Member January 18, 2023 at 5:13 am

I understand what you are saying @Irfan76 sir but the problem is common people see it in terms of sufi scholar is great = sufism is right ideology.

How to deal with this situation ?

• Abdur Rahman

Member January 18, 2023 at 5:51 am

Edit:

I concur with you @Irfan76 sir but the problem is common people see it in terms of sufi scholar is great = sufism is correct ideology.

How to deal with this situation ?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 19, 2023 at 1:27 am

We are not responsible for anyone. We have to present the case as it is. We cannot compromise truth for others’ sake. People need to understand the difference. If they do not, they will be answerable to God for their understanding and attitude. And we are answerable for our conduct.

• Abdur Rahman

Member January 19, 2023 at 1:36 am

Alhamdullilah, understood @Irfan76 sir..

Please correct me if I am wrong. — I assume its personality worship or blind taqlid or both that leads to this kind of behaviour in people.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 19, 2023 at 2:00 am

Yes.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register