Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Inheritance Of Daughters

Tagged: ,

• Inheritance Of Daughters

Posted by Amna Aleem on January 17, 2023 at 1:18 am

If the only house the two unmarried girls,( above 30 years old) live in, are asked by the brother of their deceased father to vacate and move out with 1/4 share respectively, and there is no official written will, my only question is do the girls have any ground to dispute this case on legal grounds, not emotional, or the only way is to vacate the house quietly with 1/4 share and find another place to live.

Thanks

Umer replied 1 year, 2 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Inheritance Of Daughters

Umer updated 1 year, 2 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 17, 2023 at 2:02 am

Islam tells that the share of two daughters is equal to the share of one brother. Now how to distribute the property is the matter has to be decided with mutual consulatations of the stakeholders and with their consent. Legal assistance can be sought too if needed. An advocat can guide in this regards.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 17, 2023 at 8:25 am

From what I understand, the deceased has two daughters and one brother (uncle to the daughters). If that is the case then according to Ghamidi sahab’s explanation of inheritance, each daughter will get 33% of the share from the net assets after paying off debts and any will already bequeathed. The leftover undistributed amount will be shared among near relatives of the deceased i.e., brother(s) / sister(s) of the deceased in the ratio of 2:1. If there are no sibling(s) of the deceased then Prophet Muhammad SAW suggested by his own ijtihad to give it to the nearest male relative. We have an online inheritance calculator that you can also use to verify this:

https://ask.ghamidi.org/inheritance-calculator/

Unfortunately we can’t provide legal help on Ask Ghamidi. You are advised to seek help from a qualified professional in your area.

• Umer

Moderator January 21, 2023 at 4:27 pm

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register