Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 4:12 – Remaining Inheritance Of Dead Wife After Distributing To Husband

Tagged: ,

• Quran 4:12 – Remaining Inheritance Of Dead Wife After Distributing To Husband

Posted by Fahad Nawaz on January 17, 2023 at 10:51 am

Assalamoalaikum,

A question regarding below Ayat

“And to you belongs a half of what your wives leave, if they die childless. And if they have children, a quarter of what they leave shall be yours after execution of any will they may have bequeathed and after discharging any [outstanding] debts.”

Who will be distributed the rest of the wealth after wife’s death?

Does the principal of parents shares apply to wife’s wealth as well, as mentioned in Ayat 11 in respect to husband.

Please guide.

I hope I am clear in my question.

JazakAllah.

Fahad Nawaz replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Quran 4:12 – Remaining Inheritance Of Dead Wife After Distributing To Husband

Fahad Nawaz updated 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 18, 2023 at 1:30 am

Societies have their arrangements to distribute inheritance already. It can be some family arbitrator or a law court, any authority which the stakeholders agree upon.

If anything amount or property is left undistributed after the due shares, that should be given to the nearest male relative of the family or the guardian if any.

The second question is not clear to me.

• Fahad Nawaz

Member January 18, 2023 at 2:00 am

In second question, I was trying to understand if “principal of husband inheritance distribution to parents mentioned in Ayat 11 applies to wife’s inheritance as well”?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 18, 2023 at 3:48 am

I guess, you mean, the deceased man’s inheritance. Yes it applies to the deceased woman too

• Fahad Nawaz

Member January 20, 2023 at 11:30 am

JazakAllah

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register