A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Causes Of Relevance Of Religion

Tagged: ,

• Causes Of Relevance Of Religion

Posted by Abdullah AbdulRahman on January 17, 2023 at 2:42 pm

Assalamualaikum

From 0:32 till 4:33

So in this question Ghamidi sahab told that there are two feelings that causes the relevance of religion for human: my intense feeling that I’m a creation, i have been created and second my moral sense.

Why only these two feelings. Like if he would have said that my rational sense that when i observe the world is gives me questions and religion gives me answer to that religion. But why and how only these two feelings causes relevance?

Secondly, why from the whole rational sense my intense feeling of being created causes relevance? (Here according to my understanding of the argument I’m presuming my sense of being created a result of that cognition of my limits which my rational sense gave me, even though Ghamidi sahab didn’t explicitly related these both things)

Thirdly, how and why not my aesthetic sense causes relevance (like have a desire for the paradise because of its aesthetics also)

Note: in the previous episodes Ghamidi sahab told first that what does he really mean by religion which is that some school of thought with a metaphysical connection that’s why buddhism, Christianity, Islam are called religions but communism, capitalism etc are not religions because the latter ones are the theories made by observing the physical world and if they are given a relation to that metaphysical world then they also will be called religions. This is what i understood that what Ghamidi sahab means by “religion”)

Abdullah AbdulRahman replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Causes Of Relevance Of Religion

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 18, 2023 at 1:25 am

This is the starting point that Ghamidi saheb pointed out. The rest is details, and many other aspects can be added to it.

Sense of being created is essentially and originally makes man think of his creator.

Pint three is covered in the above answer.

Yes, this is metaphysics which makes an idea a religion, technically, however, this metaphysics should come as news or revelation from the metaphysical world, not self-conceived or self-discovered, as it is the case with Buddhism and Sufism.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member January 19, 2023 at 8:36 am

Thanks for answering. But can you please elaborate that a little?

Like how and why only “my sense of being created” from among the whole rational sense causes relevance?

And in these details how aesthetic sense comes in?

And how moral sense causes relevance?(Like isn’t it enough that to come to the conclusion that I’m created and will find the creator causes relevance (isn’t only that creation sense from among the rational sense enough))?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 19, 2023 at 11:52 pm

The closest to oneself is one’s own self. The first discovery is of one own self. So intellectual journey starts with the question of the creation of me.

Aesthetic sense is another faculty, but it has nothing to do with faith, but with morality.

Moral sense demands to have justice which is absent in this world hence creating a craving for another world where absolute justice could be administered.

The question of creation necessitates the creator only, the moral sense necessitates the hereafter to make the whole scheme of creation meaningful.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member January 20, 2023 at 1:26 am

😊❤️❤️

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register