Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Question About Divorce

Tagged: 

• Question About Divorce

Posted by Aaron Ali on January 18, 2023 at 1:32 pm

After 9 years of our marriage and being parents of two sons (who are minors) my husband orally pronounced me triple divorce in an extremely angry situation and state in one sitting in the month of April 2022. After that I left his house but he came after 10 days and we reconciled. But in the month of June he remarried to his colleague and many misunderstandings arose between us and I left his house again. Then he decided to divorce me legally according to the law of Pakistan. He issued me the first divorce deed notice in the month of August 2022 and then second divorce deed notice in the month of September 2022. But he didn’t issue third divorce notice as he wanted to reconcile and informed the concerned Union Council where the marriage was registered. My question is that can we reconcile after that? According to law of Pakistan we are still husband and wife and we can reconcile.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Question About Divorce

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 19, 2023 at 1:59 am

Divorce is a serious matter. The husband should have a clear intention to divorce. In extreme cases, the husband has to be asked about his intention. If he claims with all honesty that it was accidental and he had no intention to divorce, and the other party or the arbitrator or the court, if involved, gets satisfied, his statement can be accepted and the pronouncement of divorce can be nullified.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register