Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Science Reincarnation

Tagged: 

• Reincarnation

Posted by Zakir Hossain on January 19, 2023 at 1:17 pm

It has been studied and well documented by doctors and research workers at UVA for the last 50 years, that persons after death are reborn, who remember incidents of previous life, mostly during a very early age of their life. How these incidences can be interpreted in the light of Quran?

Faisal Haroon replied 1 year, 2 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Reincarnation

Faisal Haroon updated 1 year, 2 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 20, 2023 at 12:23 am

These studies have yet not been titled to be truly scientific. Unless it becomes scientific, it can not be put forward for an academic investigation.

• Zakir Hossain

Member January 20, 2023 at 12:16 pm

Please click on the link below:

https://youtu.be/0AtTM9hgCDw

These are findings from observations recorded during research of last 50 years.

• Abdur Rahman

Member January 20, 2023 at 10:45 pm

Brother Zakir Hossain, thanks for bringing this topic but the video you shared is about “Near death experiences”(NDE) where patients or people see out of body experiences like floating in a tunnel,terrifying visions, good visions when people are clinically dead etc.

Re-incarnation is dying and re-birth into a new body as per hinduism and getting visuals of past life etc.

Imho, Re-incarnation and NDE both are totally different.

Also, if you can share conclusive part of the video it will be helpful to us to understand.

• Zakir Hossain

Member January 22, 2023 at 8:09 am

Brother, it seems due to the length of the video and it’s title, you have not watched the video. In the video four speakers have spoken about different aspects of life after death and the first one speaks about reincarnation, second about NDEs etc. For your benefit I am herewith attaching an edited portion of the video that deals with reincarnation only. Due to limitations of the video size (for uploading) I have compressed the file without affecting much it’s quality.

• Abdur Rahman

Member January 22, 2023 at 8:36 am

Yes, i skipped to the part where statistical graphs or reports about nde’s was shown and most of the data they collected is about nde’s.

I went through video afterwards. Re-incarnation only 2 cases were discussed by 1 speaker and that too he mentioned that these re-incarnated cases continue there lives as normal individuals when they grow up.

Just my exchange of thoughts to you…

If re-incarnation theory is correct then why these cases did not rectify their previous life mistakes or went to meet there relatives Or checked their earlier life details when they were adults.

• Abdur Rahman

Member January 22, 2023 at 8:57 am

Edit: Data shared about re-incarnation is 2500 cases and discussed is about <5 with story details

• Zakir Hossain

Member January 23, 2023 at 6:27 am

Brother, it seems I have failed to make you understand my question.

Why after incarnation, if at all it happens, will a person go and rectify his/her mistakes? What purpose will it serve? If a person dies in a plane crash and is born again, as per reincarnation theory, what mistakes will he rectify after he is born maybe after 10, 20, 30 … years etc.

Secondly, whenever a presentation is made is it possible to present all the cases? If anyone wants to do further research to verify or corroborate the same, he can, as per research methodology, gain access to all these data.

Lastly, as a Muslim, I too don’t believe in reincarnation but if a non-muslim approaches me and ask about it, on scientific merits, what should be my reply. For this only, I had asked how can it be interpreted based on Quranic teachings.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 23, 2023 at 8:30 am

Strictly speaking, in the world of science an observation and a logical inference based on that observation does not make it a scientific theory. For a scientific theory, it is necessary that the theory is falsifiable. Reincarnation is therefore not a scientific theory. There can be several other explanations for the phenomenon, and until it can be established that a particular explanation sufficiently explains the data beyond a reasonable doubt, the observations will be subject to further research.

From the Islamic perspective, we know that when a person dies, they shall only be raised again on the Day of Judgement. This information has been given to us by the Creator Himself, and unless we have sufficiently tested scientific explanation in favor of reincarnation, we should not have any reason to believe it.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register